Adding to the long list of stellar guest hosts who are friends of the #HireFriday movement, this week we were graced by the presence of two of the social media faces of CareerBuilder: Justin Thompson (@CareerBuilder) and Amy Chulik (@CBforEmployers). The topic they chose to discuss was The next step – How you plan your long-term career goals. Whether you are a job seeker or looking to enhance your career in a current job, the advice given is appropriate for everyone. If you missed the chat session, it’s not too late to catch up on the discussion through this transcript.
- How and when do you identify long-term career goals?
- In a job search, how can you ensure a job or industry isn’t a dead-end?
- How do you supplement lack of experience if switching careers?
- What are ways you can position yourself to move up in a career?
- How do you adapt your current skills to new or other industries?
The Transcript: Peak from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM Eastern (Click on the embedded link open the transcript in full-page)
While the transcript is not a substitute for experiencing the live chat it does provide an opportunity to catch up if you missed it. You may also use it to study the answers in a more leisurely manner. Job seekers may use the transcript as a tool to identify people who are willing to help you offline and recruiters can easily find job seekers to solve their problems. Here are some few tips on how to read this transcript:
- Click on the link below to view the peak three-hour compilation of tweets in order to scroll through the questions and answers in a chronological order.
- You may search the spreadsheet for contributors by Twitter ID or comments (usually CTRL F).
- You may click on the hyperlink for any user’s ID to go immediately to that user’s Twitter account where you may follow them or make comments to the contributors who are of interest to you.
- It is also possible to download a copy of the spreadsheet to sort as you wish on your own computer.
Join the HireFriday List
- No public Twitter messages.
Tags#HFChat #HireFriday blogging career career advice career development careers Compassionate HR Cyndy Trivella employment facebook hiring HR Charity HRMargo HR OD Recruiting Human Resources interviewing job Job Boards job hunt job hunting jobs job search jobsearching tips job searching tips job search strategy Job Seeker job seekers job seeking layoff linkedin Margo Rose Networking recruiter Recruiters Recruiting recruitment recruting resume Social Media Steve Levy Tom Bolt twitter unemployed work