Each week HireFriday features a candidate for your consideration. We publicize this opportunity on Twitter during HireFriday’s #HFChat. We ask our candidates to answer two questions: Why should I hire you? and What is your dream job. We are delighted to introduce you to Ashley Perez. Follow Ashley on Twitter: @AshleyLaurenPerez. She is a gifted professional, and we hope you will recruit her.
Q1: Why should I hire you?
I am a hirable candidate because of the following qualities:
• I believe in progression and will work on ways to advance. This includes advancing my team, my department, my company, and myself.
• If you need something done, I’m the first person you can go to. I’m the ultimate team player. I’ll do anything to help us get the job done and reach our goals.
• I am self-motivated and self-driven; therefore, you won’t need to supervise me too much. Once I get the details of the task, I’ll jump right in without hesitation.
• I’m an information enthusiast, so I like to ask a lot of questions. I want to understand the business and the job the best I can so I can take the ball and run with it.
I feel that knowing this information can also help me make better and/or more efficient decisions.
• I’m a forward thinker and believe in the “greater good”. I try to look beyond the task at hand and try to come up with ways to be more proactive.
Q2: What is your dream job?
I have experience in human resources, administrative support, and account/vendor management. Ideally, I would like a job that involves the functions I have previously done, and then some. Additionally, if I can have a job that integrates my passion for social media/communications and writing/blogging, I would be ecstatic.
Other than the actual job itself, I also feel strongy about finding an ideal company to work for. For example, a few qualities my ideal employer would possess are:
• A company culture that is aligned with my values and allows me to be engaged.
• A company that possess leaders/managers with curious minds. They welcome employees to be creative/innovative and will listen to employees’ suggestions and ideas.
• A company that has leaders/managers that ignite passion in employees and are invested in their personal/professional growth.
I currently reside in Charleston, SC. I’m willing to relocate for the right opportunity. Locations I would consider are: Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Houston.
Join the HireFriday List
- No public Twitter messages.
Tags#HFChat #HireFriday blogging career career advice career development careers Compassionate HR Cyndy Trivella employment facebook hiring HR Charity HRMargo HR OD Recruiting Human Resources interviewing job Job Boards job hunt job hunting jobs job search jobsearching tips job searching tips job search strategy Job Seeker job seekers job seeking layoff linkedin Margo Rose Networking recruiter Recruiters Recruiting recruitment recruting resume Social Media Steve Levy Tom Bolt twitter unemployed work